Get to know Welliam!



Who: Welliam the W for Wellbeing Ambassador
 

Where: I reside in a healthy, relaxing, beautiful part of South Eastern Australia, but I like to travel. My relatives live in the Americas, Eurasia, and Africa. I particularly would like to be in Texas, U.S.A. where I can see my furry friends. (They are not native to Australia).

http://wforwellbeing.blogspot.com.au/
https://www.facebook.com/WForWellbeing
http://about.me/WforWellbeing
https://www.youtube.com/user/WforWellbeing
https://plus.google.com/103200056799612671815

What: I am a Squirrel belonging to a large family of small or medium-sized rodents called the Sciuridae. I think I am pretty cute though, not like other rodents!
I cannot digest cellulose, so must rely on foods rich in protein, carbohydrates, and fats. My diet consists primarily of a wide variety of plants, including nuts, seeds, conifer cones, fruits, fungi and green vegetation. Some of these are super foods for humans. 

Just so you know, raw or roasted peanuts & sunflower seeds are deficient in several essential nutrients and are not suitable for squirrels. This type of deficiency has been found to cause metabolic bone disease, a somewhat common ailment found in malnourished squirrels.

When: I came to W for Wellbeing in November 2012.

Why: I am very social, inquisitive and persistent. I like to store things, so I am helping you to store knowledge for future reference. I am  behind the scenes of the blog & will randomly share my wellbeing photographs.

 

I wish ya'll a healthy & happy Christmas with your families & friends. Hope 2013 brings positive thoughts & actions your way.


I went searching to see what my Furry Relatives are up to online:

  • The Squirrel Lovers Club - an international club of dedicated squirrel enthusiasts.
  • Squirrel-Rehab.org - includes advice and links for helping orphaned baby squirrels.
  • Hector the Squirrel's Webpage - a British-based web page that includes articles (supposedly) written by, for, and about squirrels.
  • Sugar Bush Squirrel - Sugar Bush is a working model (claimed to be the world's most-photographed squirrel), who was rescued as an orphaned baby Eastern Gray Squirrel and raised by her human family, who live in Boca Raton, Florida. The web page includes thousands of photographs of Sugar Bush wearing a very large assortment of clothing from her enormous wardrobe collection.
  • Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel - more than just a collection of video clips of Twiggy's performances on waterskis, there are articles dedicated to wildlife, water safety, and games for children, as well as the list of Twiggy's upcoming performances.

1 comment:

  1. Sugar Bush Squirrel says, "Hi, everybody! You can check me out at www.SugarBushSquirrel.com and also at www.Pinterest.com/SugarBushPinit/." We are having a ball here in the studio shipping out our new 2013 desk calendars. Also check out The Bushy Tail Boutique for our Sugar Bush stuffed animals with their own wardrobe. Have a great holiday and New Year! Love to all, Kelly Foxton & Sugar Bush Squirrel
    SugarBushSquirrel@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete